Enjoy the thrill of helicopter flight and a whitewater adventure with Papillon! One of our state-of-the-art helicopters will whisk you away to Peach Springs, Arizona where the Hualapai River Runners will bring you to the Hualapai Lodge for check-in. Hop aboard an eight-person motorized river raft, specifically designed for traversing the Colorado River. All Hualapai River Runner guides are fully certified and provide fascinating insight into the ever-changing waters of the Colorado River and the west rim of the Grand Canyon. Many of the guides have spent their lives learning the features of the river and are highly skilled at maneuvering the class 4 to 7 rapids you may encounter along the way. Each raft will make a stop along the riverbank so that passengers may enjoy a nature hike and lunch.
The whitewater adventure is complete when you reach the banks of the Colorado River at Grand Canyon West. Another thrilling helicopter flight will soar along canyon cliffs while ascending 4,000 feet out of the canyon to the Grand Canyon West Airport. Return to our Boulder City terminal with memories to last a lifetime! Complimentary hotel pick up and shuttle service is provided.
- Complimentary hotel shuttle transfers
- Scenic flight over Lake Mead and the Grand Wash Cliffs
- State-of-the-art helicopter
- Multi-lingual narration
- Guided whitewater raft adventure
- Meal included
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. – All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of “Selfie Sticks” and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- What to wear:
- Waterproof shorts (light weight, fast drying material) or lightweight pants
- Sneakers/athletic shoes or river-type sandals
- Bandanna, Hat with retention strap or visor
- Suggested Packing List:
- T-shirt, Lightweight jacket or fleece sweatshirt
- Rain Jacket/Poncho for use through rapids
- Sunglasses with strap
- Small waterproof bag for belongings
- Sun block
- Camera/video camera should have straps and stored in a seal-able waterproof bag
- Backpacks must not exceed 10lbs (4.55kg / .71 stone)