Want to turn your typical family vacation up a notch? Experience the thrill of a 15.5-mile smooth water float trip between the majestic walls of Glen Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. This incredible journey begins early in the morning after ground transport arrives at your Grand Canyon hotel. Watch the desert nature pass you by as you are transported comfortably from the South Rim to Page, Arizona. Sights include the Eastern Rim, the Navajo Reservation, and Painted Desert. Upon arrival to Page, you will begin your incredible sightseeing raft adventure!
Each participant will be supplied with a light box lunch to be enjoyed at their leisure during their trip. With the river beckoning, you and your family will board a motorized raft designed to comfortably hold 32 passengers. During your journey the raft will stop on the river bank for a truly exciting sight. Travel down a short path along the canyon floor to find authentic ancient petroglyphs. Your guide will interpret these symbols for you and provide a history of the people who once roamed within this region. Soon, your raft will reach Horseshoe Bend – the famously curious twist in the Colorado River.
The coursing river will eventually carry you to historic Lee’s Ferry for your rafting tour’s end. You will board the awaiting ground transport for your return trip. Your journey back to the South Rim offers views of the Navajo Indian Reservation and includes a brief stop at the Cameron Trading Post along the way.
All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
Operation dates are March 1st through October 31st
- Eastern views of Grand Canyon National Park, the Navajo Indian Reservation, Painted Desert, Glen Canyon, and Horseshoe Bend
- 15.5-mile rafting on the Colorado River
- Short hike to view ancient petroglyphs
- Box lunch
What To Bring:
- Bring your I.D. – All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended during the colder months: March, April and October. Light colored clothing should be worn during the months: May through September. We also recommend bringing a hat, sunglasses, and a towel.
- Wear shoes most fitting for the season. The recommended shoe types are sneakers, waters shoes, or flip-flops. The ground at Glen Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven.